I have been practicing these dandelion heads for some time and only now have I managed something half decent. Thought I would post this one even though there were a few things I could have done to make it more lively. I should have spattered masking fluid before starting to preserve some whites. And maybe cobalt blue would have been better than the indigo I used. I will definitely work on perfecting the technique. I bought this great bottle of masking fluid by Daniel Smith that has different size applicator heads, including very fine ones for masking out the the fine white lines of the dandelion. Other colors I used were Daniel Smith's quinacridone gold by itself and mixed with alizarin crimson in areas. Lots of spattering and some salt also.
Last week I went to a demonstration of Daniel Smith watercolors and I must say I am quite smitten. They have some beautiful colors and I ended up spending way too much stocking up on a lot of their granulating colors because I love using textures in my watercolors. The representative from Daniel Smith told us that their watercolors have more pigment in them than other watercolors. They can also be resurrected after they have dried out. I tested this and the colors stay as vibrant. Quite impressed.