6.29.2012

Overcast Morning


My plan was to paint a watercolor with mostly neutral colors and add a touch of yellow which I hoped would create a glow amongst the neutrals. The yellow ochre area started off as a piece of land, but with all the wet-in-wet I was doing, I thought it looked better as a water feature so I added a dark bank in the foreground and some reflections in the distance.  By reducing the yellow area it also enhanced what little color remained.  I think I will try this again and vary the scenes. I like the soft effect I achieved in this piece.

12 comments:

  1. Anche questo tuo lavoro usa dei colori moolto realistici e il cielo è, anch questa volta, molto bello. Elvi

    ReplyDelete
  2. So atmospheric, so good. I want to take my coat and umbrella..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much Irina.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The clouds are very well done and the tree in the foreground makes the background even more atmospheric. A seller!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This has a lovely autumnal look about it Jean. I really like it. I really must try something like this ... feeling inspired. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hola Jean....me encantan tus acuarelas en humedo...estan llenas de magia de atmosferas y de vida....felicidades

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ciao,
    bellissma immagine e atmosfera in cui la natura vive con forza e libertà!
    Molto bello!
    Ciao, ciao, Floriana

    ReplyDelete
  8. well done! very stylishly done!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a beautiful, moody painting. It's lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fantastic landscapes Jean.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog and leaving a comment. Your feedback is welcome and much appreciated.